The countdown to the grilling season has begun… are you ready?
If you’re still trying to decide what kind of grill to buy, there is only one grill to consider: the Rösle Charcoal Grill.
As you know, Mama grew up in Texas where grilling is a year-round pleasure. Charcoal grilling is the most popular… because honestly, (almost) everything tastes better when it’s infused with that deep smoky flavor, doesn’t it?
I first saw this grill at the Housewares Show and immediately fell in love because it was packed with all the features I’ve always wanted in a grill:
• A 24-inch grilling surface… 15% more compared to any standard grill I’d used before.
• An extra high dome lid so my chickens wouldn’t get smashed when I closed the top.
• A hinged lid (at a 45° angle) for easy access (I don’t have to struggle to hook it on the side of the grill or look for some place to put it when I open the grill).
• A rail that goes all around the grill so I can hang my grilling utensils on the side.
• Big wheels (8-inches with rubber treads) so it can be easily moved.
• Four position bottom ventilation so I can control the heat.
• A grill grate that opens on the ends so I can reload the charcoal.
• The grate also folds at the center so it can easily be washed in the sink or the dishwasher.
The folks at Rösle sent me one of these to take for a test run, and I’ve got to tell you, I’m blown away. (It’s a snap to put together, too! Watch the video at the bottom of this post.)
Why would someone get so excited about a grill?
Well, like I said, if grilling is part of your lifestyle, particularly in the summer, you want a product that is built to last and designed to perform. If you cook a lot and already own (or plan to buy) high end, quality kitchen appliances, shouldn’t your outdoor grill be the very best as well?
What makes this heavy-duty grill truly unique is how I can really control the temperature inside the grill with the precise air-flow control vents that adjust into four positions and the built-in thermometer.
This grill is really beautiful, too. It’s built on solid stainless steel frame with ½”-gauge powder coated steel tubing. It has a striking black porcelain enamel coated steel dome, so it can withstand the elements.
So far, we’ve made brats, chicken legs and breasts, and some Black Bean Burgers for Drew (recipe and images on Monday!). I can’t wait to make a beer-can chicken and smoke some ribs.
Oh, yeah, since Father’s Day is just around the corner… is there a better gift out there? Get it here: http://www.rosleusa.com/Charcoal-Grill-black-24–plu25004.html
This is going to be a great summer, I can tell already!